On Monday we said goodbye to our good friends, Ross and Anna. They were incredible hosts and we enjoyed spending several days with them. We would have been tempted to stay longer, but figured we should let them get some work done! :) Ross sat Jeff down with a map and gave us many suggestions about places to see, so we got our rental car, quickly learned to drive on the left and headed west.

We fairly quickly found ourselves in a much more wild landscape. These were some of the "hills" we saw along the drive.


Our destination was a town in the northwest called Lochinver. This is the coast as we approached the town.


Ross has some friends who recommended a B&B (Ardsaile) just outside of Lochinver. Here is a view of the house from a hike we took the following morning.
Heather







1 comment:
Better than the elderly people sign?! Yeah, okay, maybe. We remember the elderly people sign. I took a picture of that one on skye. I don't know why it struck me as so funny, I guess they have signs for children playing.
I love the pictures. Landscapes look awesome with that reddish brown ground covering (is that the ferns or the heather?). Glad you made it to the Ard Daraich and loved it.
-andy
Post a Comment