Emily and I were lucky to be invited by our friend Jeremy on a boat/snorkeling trip the Coronado Islands yesterday. Jeremy works for Sea Camp and they had some extra spots on the boat so off we went with 30some preteens!
We were armed with binoculars from the start

Before we even left the dock this juvenile Brown Pelican landed on the boat and begged to be photographed.


On the boat ride out we didn't see a ton of pelagic birds, but we did come across a fair number of phalaropes (Red-necked we think)
We also encountered several groups of dolphins. I'm pretty sure that these are Common Dolphins.
Sea Lions leaping!
Once we arrived at our snorkeling destination near the islands we went into a little cove where we found this very vocal sea lion.
No photos from the snorkeling, because it was so cold that I couldn't move my fingers for hours afterwards....nah, it wasn't that bad, but it was chilly. We saw some pretty cool stuff though!







No comments:
Post a Comment