Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Separation Anxiety?

We really thought that Quinn would be happy to see us when we returned. Both Jeff and I dreamt of the long, happy hug...chubby arms wrapped around our necks. What we got instead was an accusing stare followed by rejection, acceptance, happiness, clinginess, and finally a bit of separation anxiety. We tried daycare one day this week, but he cried for the entire 2.5 hours he was there, so I picked him up and brought him back home. Today seems to be going much better so far. For one thing he's actually taking a nap for the first time since we've been home!

This morning was chilly so I thought it a good opportunity to try on his handknit sweater for size. Pretty cute...he'd better not grow too much between now and cooler weather!


He also has recently picked up a new pair of shades that actually stay on his face. He strutted all the way down the street showing off his new look.


Finally, I realized that this shot didn't make the cut for the Scotland photos, but since it took me over an hour to take I thought I had to fit it in here somehow! It's a triple exposure taken in a very dim room. The light is the bulb in the bathroom and the letters were formed by moving the camera. May sound easy, but it took me forever! Guess this was not one of our more exciting evenings. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,
Well, it would happen sooner or later, wouldn't it? Really important for you guys to get some quality time together. Amy and I have been talking about a European vacation (alone) together for years...you just up and did it--good for you!

Colleen and Andy said...

Love that red sweater on Quinn! Who knitted it?