Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  What a nice day we had.  It started with a morning hike at Mission Trails.

Had a bit of fun playing around with the multiple exposure setting on the camera.  I'll have to try this again sometime when I actually have a tripod handy.

Mid-afternoon we headed over to Grammy's house where we found cousin Kyan waiting for us.  He had been anticipating Quinny's hugs all day.  They actually cooperated for me and posed for a few pictures.  I took a whole series of these.  Unfortunately some are a bit fuzzy, but overall they are pretty cute.




We had a small crowd for dinner: Phyllis; John, Jaime and Kyan; Lynda and Art; Kelly and Lee; Bruce and Denalda; Emily and us.  Of course we had plenty of food.

Cutting of the turkey

Kelly chooses a baby bib as a wine opening tool
 The boys had their own Thanksgiving table compete with centerpiece (which also doubled as a toy).  Neither of them ate much, but they entertained the rest of us with their wackiness.

One good thing about a busy day with Kyan is a sleepy Q.  Funny bedtime story.  Tonight we put Q down early.  After about 15-20 minutes he calls for me saying he needs to pee in the potty.  I never ignore that request, so I went in to get him and sure enough he did his business.  We went back to bed and after another 20 minutes or so I hear him again, "Mommmmmmyyyyyy....pee pee in potty?!"  So I shuffled back into the bedroom only to find him sitting in bed completely naked.  This was a first!  After hitting the potty for a second time since bed I ushered him back to bed.  He finally fell asleep...clothed.

No comments: