I must admit that I was a tad embarrassed when I brought the child-sized camelback backpack up to the counter at REI. Afterall, what 2-year-old needs a hydration backpack? But the fact that they exist and that Quinn loves drinking out of mine meant that I simply could not resist the temptation, so I convinced myself that he really needed one and bought it. He and Jeff went on a hike yesterday evening and Q proudly carried his own backpack full of water and drank from it. He drank so much water that he very quickly filled up a diaper...at least I won't have to worry about dehydration when he's got this sucker on. :)
This morning we had an appointment with an audiologist to have Quinn's hearing tested. The tests were ordered by the doctor when I brought up my concern that his speech was difficult to understand. In the weeks since that first visit his speech has improved dramatically, but we went ahead with the scheduled appointment anyway. And he passed! After the appointment instead of taking him to daycare I decided we should have a zoo outing. We quickly encountered this furry character running about. Q has always been pretty scared by these guys, but warmed up to the friendly Koala and after a few high fives gave him a hug....and then another and another and another. I couldn't keep him away from him. My son became a Koala Stalker!




No comments:
Post a Comment