Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Visit to the Beach

My parents, Biggy and Don and Janet arrived at Don and Janet's beach house in Mission Beach yesterday. Quinn and I joined them for the entire day today. This was Q's first time at the beach since becoming mobile. He had a blast playing in the sand. He wasn't so sure, however, about the FREEZING cold water. I can't say I blame him. Brrrrr. Missing the NC water temps for sure.

Yo mama, wassup?


With his posse watching his back.


Even the cool kids have time to hug the mama.


One week of solo-parent duty down and one more to go. This week has had its challenges...fevers, teething, temper tantrums, but the kid and I have been spending a lot of time together (no daycare on thurs/fri) which has been pretty cool. He's getting much more verbal. Today (with Janet and Mom's prompting) he actually said "mama" a couple of times. We still need to work on that one, but he's now saying quite a few other things: uh oh, no, shoe, cheese (these two sound alike), up, and (my favorite) "bad baby". He signs a few others: more, hungry, finished, thirsty, dog, airplane. He's also now starting to get his animal sounds: tiger, duck, dog (pant), cat, snake, cow. I have a couple of videos of the crazy monster that I'll post sometime. Too tired at the moment. It's past my bedtime. Gute Nacht!

No comments: