Sunday, August 8, 2010

August?

How it got to be August already I have no idea. I just realized that I have not had a baby-centered blog post in quite some time, so I'll pack this one full of photos and info! Quinn is quite the boy. He loves to be destructive and to throw things. Long ago Auntie Emily coined the name, "Ivan the destructor". It's quite the fitting name and we're considering an official legal name change.

"Oh mighty rock, finally I have captured thee, now the power of the universe is mine all MINE!"

Rock sailing through the air (see between his feet) to land with a satisfying THUD. Ah, the joys of rock-hurling!

Quinn thinks he's pretty cool. I didn't tell him that most of the cool boys don't use pacifiers.

This is one of the reasons that usually walk up/down the street instead of using the stroller...Boris has claimed it as his own.

Over the past few weeks we've taken the boy out for a few adventures. First we hit the zoo. Quinn is finally old enough to appreciate the animals, especially if he can ride them.

Baby loves goat and goat loves baby.

We also had a recent trip to the aquarium. This was not on the same day as the zoo, but apparently Quinn likes to wear the same clothes day after day.

We do have occasional down time. Here Quinn takes a moment to relax with one of his favorite toys, Daddy's cell phone.

So if you follow this blog you know that we've been doing a lot of work in the backyard. We've saved quite a bit of money by allowing Quinn to do the bulk of the hard labor (Don't tell him anything about child labor laws!).

Merlin almost always makes him smile.

The boys sharing the view. I think here's he's just chucked a big rock over the wall and down the canyon. Can't wait to see what other objects he can find to hurl into the yard!


Well, I guess that about sums up the past few weeks. We're off to spend the afternoon with the cuz up in the north county. Both boys are getting their molars so it should be a fun time. :)

No comments: