Quinny didn't even seem to notice that anything was amiss! Here he is enjoying his new/used highchair. Thanks Mom!!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Earthquakes an Highchair
Today we got our first highchair and experienced our first earthquake. We were just minding our own business hanging out, crawling along the kitchen floor when suddenly I felt the ground move. It took me a minute to realize what was going on, but then I remembered that we are in California and it dawned on me that it was an earthquake. I ran for Quinn, snatched him off the kitchen floor, ran under the shaking dining room light, hopped over the nervous dog and went outside where I watched my car wobble for several more seconds. That's when it occured to me that I had no idea what you were supposed to do during an earthquake, but when I noticed the neighbors also in their front yards I figured I had made a good choice. I was pretty stunned by the experience, but eventually went back inside to the terrified dog, who I had to coax out from behind a chair. Jeff has assured me that this is not a normal occurrence. I hope not...because if so I'm headed back to NC! :)
Quinny didn't even seem to notice that anything was amiss! Here he is enjoying his new/used highchair. Thanks Mom!!

Quinny didn't even seem to notice that anything was amiss! Here he is enjoying his new/used highchair. Thanks Mom!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think I'll stay here on the East Coast...
The first thing Dad said to me this am was "you'll have to call Alex." Then he showed me the NYTimes report. Then I went to your blog. Whew! Your first two weeks in the new house have been very full and very memorable. Mom
The first thing Dad said to me this am was "you'll have to call Alex." Then he showed me the NYTimes report. Then I went to your blog. Whew! Your first two weeks in the new house have been very full and very memorable. Mom
Wowwee! Glad you guys are ok.
I tried to call you. I don't know if you knew that. I would have left a message but I pressed the wrong number on the phone. Glad you're okay.
That high chair looks mighty fancy! Is it carved out of cherry wood?
Post a Comment