Sunday, February 3, 2013

Biggy

The world lost an amazing person when Andrew D. Smith passed away in early January.  He was known to my brother Andy, me and to all of our friends as "Biggy", which came about because my brother could not pronounce "Big Andy" when he was a toddler.  Biggy was always around during our childhood.  He was my dad's best friend for almost 50 years.  In fact, I met him at the very same moment I met my dad (or so I'm told).  I remember when he moved to England when we were kids and how much I missed him then.  He was like a second father to us and I cannot even fully express how deeply he will be missed.  My birthday was December 28th and my last conversation with Biggy was the day before when he sang me the most memorable happy birthday I've ever received.  I miss you, Biggy!  


No comments: