Sunday, September 23, 2012

No Training Wheels!

So Quinn mastered the balance bike ages ago (probably almost a year ago), but he's been fearful of pedal bikes.  Slowly, over the past few months, we've been encouraging him to pedal a tricycle and a 12" bike with training wheels.  He finally got it, but then became very attached to the training wheels.  Even though he could easily balance on his balance bike he was horrified at the thought of pedaling on his pedal bike without training wheels.  A couple of weeks ago I took the pedals and the training wheels off of his bike and had him ride it around like a balance bike.  Then this morning I threw the pedals in my bag as we walked/rode to our normal breakfast spot.  On the way home from breakfast I convinced him to try the pedals.  So we attached the pedals and off he went.  Never thought it'd be so easy.  He rode his bike all the way home and is very proud of himself!  :)








1 comment:

Colleen and Andy said...

Awesome! There's nothing like seeing a kid ride a bike for the first time!!! Love it!