How did we manage before Emily (EE) joined us out here in San Diego?
It's hard to imagine. The hardest thing about leaving NC was leaving all of our friends behind. While there it was nice to imagine Quinn growing up surrounded by other adults (and now kids too) who cared about him and with whom he would have a lifelong relationship. I had that with my parents' friends and feel lucky to have many people out there in the world who feel like second parents to me. I want that for my son too. It takes a while to forge such relationships in a new city. We have definitely found a few, but it was such a relief to have Emily back when she unpacked her belongings in May. She bravely uprooted herself for a short-term job. Now we're crossing our fingers that she can make it work long term.
She and Quinn picked up right where they left off when we said goodbye in New Bern on New Years Eve 2009. So did she and Merlin. They both adore her. I actually think she gets a warmer greeting from both the boy and the dog than Jeff or I do sometimes! His eyes light up when he sees her, he flashes his dimples and joyfully yells, "Q.......BERRRRTTTTTTT!" expecting that she will join in his game. Of course she always does.
Yesterday she popped over for little while and the two of them had this sweetest moment on the couch together. He was kissing her and then cracking up. The other day I asked him who his best friend was and he gleefully exclaimed, "EE!" We're glad we were able to lure her out here...now we just can't let her leave!
3 comments:
That is so awesome!!! :o)
Awww shucks I'm all happy and glowy inside now, a whole post just about me, I'm such a lucky gal to have such lovely fantastico fabulous friends :)
Awwww. So sweet!
Post a Comment