Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hiking!

Quinn loves to hike.  Whenever he sees a "mountain" (any hill not covered with homes) he points it out and says, "moun'an, hike!"  In fact, whenever we pass by the street that leads to Mission Trails Regional Park, Quinn points in that direction exclaiming, "hike" excitedly.  This morning Q, Nana and I went for a short hike at Mission Trails, which is a great park only about 10 minutes away from home.  We chose a ~1 mile loop trail that went up along a small creek and through a grove of oak trees.  

On the trail, stick in pocket:

"Marching" with Nana:

Favorite activity: throwing rocks into the water

Current favorite animal: snakes

1 comment:

Eric Jeschke said...

Hi Alex,
That is awesome that he loves to hike! Wish I could get my kids that excited about it. At least they are good sports and don't whine like some other kids I know.

What great times you'll have together hiking!