Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer is here

Summer hit without warning this week. We went overnight from having cool nights and mornings to sweltering heat 24 hours a day. As a result we've spent many afternoons in Grammy's backyard splashing in the baby pool. Lucky for us, we were invited to a pool party this weekend! We were excited to see how Quinn would react to being in a real pool...

Testing the water

Hmmm, I think I might like this

Dad, just let me go, I can swim

Hi mama

And finally, here's a video of the action:

He had a great time. He was in the water for most of our time there (2+ hours) and really loved walking along the steps, being pulled around, kicking and splashing - he even put his face under a few times.

I think we'll try some swimming lessons when I finish up my job in September.

This is what we do every morning and every evening (and frequently every afternoon too) - we parade up and down the street. Quinn stops to smell (and destroy) all of the flowers, to check out all of the house numbers painted on the curbs, to stomp on all of the water meters, to check himself out in all of the shiny hubcaps, and to escape from me up every driveway. I found him especially cute this morning in his new summertime digs. He was on quite the mission today. Happy news though, our backyard deck/patio projects gets underway on Monday!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Swim lessons is a good idea.
Love all the new videos.