Sunday, March 21, 2010

Moving, working and visiting

It's been an insane week and I've been horrible about documenting. We FINALLY got the house after much drama and countless delays.

Jeff really had to work hard on moving day:


My wonderful Mom came out just in time for us to close, have our furniture delivered and a new furnace/ac installed.

The old furnace:


She was a trooper! She spent several days running around with us buying supplies, running errands and watching Quinn while we tried to get the house into some sort of order. It was so great to have her here...sad that they live so far away, but we're already looking forward to more of a social visit in June.

This is the only photo she managed to snap of her only grandson during her visit (shows how busy we kept her!):


Next up - work started for me last week. So during last week Quinn had to adjust to a new home, breakfast with dad instead of a leisurely nursing session each morning, and full-time day care. The day care part seems to be going well. He loves the woman who takes care of him and the other two kiddos. I already miss spending my days with him, but have to admit that I am definitely enjoying the adult company and getting to know my new coworkers.

And finally, Andy and Colleen are visiting. Well, Andy is here now and Colleen is supposed to be, but got delayed a day. Will be picking her up at the airport in a few hours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you finally got into the house. Now I have a place to stay if I ever come to California! :)
Quinn is adorable as always!