Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Snow

Growing up in the midwest I only had the opportunity to experience one school closure...when the heat had broken in the building due to an ice storm. In NC things are different. Not only do the schools shut down at the mere mention of the possibility of snow, the entire town shuts down. We got maybe 2-3 inches of snow today. I had to leave work at 10:30 because the building was closing. This evening we wanted to run out to our favorite mexican place for a quick bite to eat, but they were closed. We crossed over to Morehead City only to find that EVERY restaurant and bar in the county was closed. Even the 24 hour grocery store was closed! We then got home only to find that our flight to San Diego tomorrow has already been canceled. :)

It was a memorable day to welcome president Obama into office! If it hadn't been for the snow I would not have had the opportunity to watch history unfold.







No comments: